Excellence with Porcelain Onlays, Full Crowns and Fixed Prosthesis, using Supra-gingival Minimally Invasive Dentistry
CE Credits: 3 Hour Lecture | Subject: Restorative | Recommended for: All Attendees
When a larger part of the tooth is missing or decayed, Porcelain Fused to Metal (PFM) or zirconia crowns are by far the most popular way to restore these teeth, although they have less than ideal requirements and results, including aggressive tooth preparation and often long-term periodontal damage. In this course Dr. Ruiz will demonstrate how properly performed supra-gingival, minimally-invasive non-metal restorations make dentistry more predictable and trouble-free; as well as healthier for the patient than any traditional restoration has ever been. The improved esthetic results achieved with non-metal onlays and all ceramic full crowns have resulted in increased use and enhanced patient acceptance and satisfaction. Nevertheless, clinicians often avoid partial coverage bonded restorations, because of the perception that they are more difficult and less predictable than full crowns. Placing supra-gingival margins ultimately allows clinicians to make porcelain restorations more predictable, stress-free, and healthier for the gingival tissue. In this course, Dr. Ruiz will demonstrate material selection and a new paradigm in preparation and cementation. Dr. Ruiz will cover the benefits, indications, and principles of tooth preparation for posterior metal-free onlays, and all-porcelain crowns, and FPD. Followed by impression, temporization, and different options for a sensitive free, easy cementation. Dr. Ruiz will also discuss patient education and motivation for this type of dentistry.
- Demonstrate how supra-gingival, minimally invasive onlays are healthier for patients and more predictable and enjoyable for the dentist.
- Discuss when full ceramic crowns are indicated and the best ways to archive success with them.
- Distinguish between restorative material options for onlays and porcelain crowns and identify which one works best under a particular circumstance.
- Learn the new paradigm of simple predictable tooth preparation techniques specific to supra-gingival minimally invasive, onlays, crowns, etc.
- Demonstrate temporization techniques.
- Choose which bonding systems and cements are most appropriate for use with inlays and onlays and metal-free full crowns.
- Discuss crucial occlusal principle needed for success and predictability.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Ruiz is the Founder of the “Supra-gingival Minimally Invasive Dentistry” movement, as well as the founder and director of the Los Angeles Institute of Clinical Dentistry. He is an Honorary Clinical Professor at Warwick University in England and a member of the editorial board for Dentistry Today. He is also an Associate Instructor at Dr. Gordon Christensen PCC in Utah and an independent evaluator of dental products for CR (CRA). He regularly lectures at all major dental meetings, nationally and internationally. Dr. Ruiz has been practicing in the studio district of Los Angeles for more than 25 years and enjoys a clientele of many stars and entertainers. His focus is on treating complex Cosmetic, Rehabilitation, and Implant cases. Dr. Ruiz has been practicing in the studio district of Los Angeles for more than 25 years and enjoys a clientele of many stars and entertainers. His focus is on treating complex Cosmetic, Rehabilitation, and Implant cases. Dr. Ruiz has made numerous television appearances highlighting his Esthetic Dental makeovers, including NBC Channel 4 News, ABC’s News, Good Morning America & Vista La, VH1 and Channel 52’s Telemundo and 34 Univision. Financial Relationship – none reported.