Understanding Dental Insurance to Maximize Billing Success in Your Practice
Recommended for: Entire Staff | Subject: Dental Insurance | CE Credits: 3
Dental insurance continues to be a source of irritation to many dental practices. This course is an insider’s perspective as to how and why dental insurance is administered the way that it is so that well-informed decisions can be made at the dental office regarding insurance participation. Common insurance business practices regarding coverage design, procedure code processing trends, utilization management, and data mining will also be reviewed, with suggestions for how to maximize success. The speaker will also cover some future topics such as plan changes under consideration, dental quality measures, and possible changes to government programs.
- Attendees will be aware of the top 10 reasons their claims are denied and how to avoid common billing mistakes in their practices, including defensive charting.
- Attendees will be exposed to common utilization management and data mining practices of insurance payers.
- Attendees will be exposed to common coding errors and learn to avoid them for maximum billing success.
- Attendees will be aware of how their billing patterns may be creating a professional reputation regarding their clinical and professional practice.
- Attendees will become aware of the concepts of fraud, waste, and abuse and how payers view these practices.