Recent CDT Code Changes: What Every Dentist and their Staff Should Know About Dental Coding
Recommended for: Entire Staff | Subject: CDT Codes | CE Credits: 3
Dental codes change every year. The last few years of code changes may have gone unnoticed by many practitioners. Many practices miss billing and reporting opportunities to properly describe the services they are providing. In this course, attendees will learn the new and revised codes and how to use them for increased claims success. Attendees will also learn how to eliminate common code mistakes that interfere with being paid for services rendered and learn about codes under scrutiny by the dental plans. The ADA’s code development process will also be discussed.
- Attendees will be able to identify newly created codes and how to use them in their billing practices.
- Attendees will become familiar with expired/deleted codes and understand how to report those activities under different codes.
- Attendees will understand the code revision process and common code mistakes that can interfere with their ability to be paid for services rendered.
- Attendees will be exposed to common coding errors and learn to avoid them for maximum billing success.
- How to submit claims for common clinical scenarios.